Oklahoma Bowhunter
July 23, 2014, 09:21:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyone stay safe and good luck.  Post pics and hunt reports

Home   Help Search Login Register  

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 09:21:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
      Print  
    Author Topic: The Rut  (Read 6977 times)
    PossumKicker
    Four Point

View Profile Email
    « on: October 21, 2009, 04:19:48 am »

Has anyone seen any rutting activity?  I haven't seen it yet but I have heard that people are seeing young bucks following does.
    okiecowboy49
    Global Moderator
    Six Point

Bowhunters United We Stand

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 04:33:31 am »

only clue i have seen around here is the bucks have split off from the herds and running by themselves

Graduation to the next level of sportsmanship is accomplished by the level of difficulty the sportsman imposes upon himself."
    typark
    Spike

View Profile Email
    « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:08:26 am »

Friday and Saturday, we watched several younger bucks chasing does and with noses on the ground. Saw several bucks within an hour of dark sparing. I know it's a little early yet, but I think they've got it on there mind,
    rodburner
    Spike

View Profile Email
    « Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:57:45 am »

We went and checked the cows Mon. evening and on the way home went by a wheat field that we can hunt. There were four bucks on one side in a group and there a couple of does on the other side.. We are a littel slower over here in SW OK... Smiley
    bigcountryok
    Four Point

View Profile Email
    « Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:53:14 am »

I haven't seen any rut activity at the place I have access to in Canadian Co.  Of course I haven't even seen any bucks this year either.
    kbart
    Four Point

View Profile Email
    « Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:27:55 am »

Bucks are chasing on our place.  The younger bucks are really acting crazy but big ones are chasing too.
    WT_Hunter
    Spike

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 08:42:09 am »

Up in northern OK on some land I hunt, the bucks have began breaking off and are just starting to rub.
    Dunc
    Spike

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 11:35:48 am »

I had dominate 8pt come about 60 yrds out, just out of range and he wasnt heading my way.  So i grunted at him with my buck roar...then snort wheezed at him.  He turned  180 degrees and came right to me.  He started hooking saplings and walking stiff legged.  He came in around my 35 yrd marker and stopped behind some brush and let out a snort wheeze of his own!!! it was amazing, but after that he just turned and walked away. 

No Subsitute for the Ultimate
    rmjones
    Spike

View Profile Email
    « Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 12:17:56 pm »

The bucks here in central oklahoma have been making a few rubs and some scrapes but are still in groups and acting preety normal.
    buckmaster
    Spike

View Profile Email
    « Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 06:31:20 pm »

I'm also from central oklahoma and my bucks are making rubs but they are still in bachelor groups, I got pictures from 2 days ago with 4 bucks together.
    Quincy-All
    Spike

View Profile Email
    « Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 05:51:29 am »

At my ranch on 43 near daisy the bucks are up on their feet checking does . I started finding rubs about  2 weeks ago and have already filled one buck tag and had encounters with 2 other 140-150 class shooters. What's working for me is blind buck growling. They are responding nicely to that. I am thinking next weekend it will be on hard and heavy . It's getting to that magical time out in the woods
    kbart
    Four Point

View Profile Email
    « Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 06:55:25 am »

At my ranch on 43 near daisy the bucks are up on their feet checking does . I started finding rubs about  2 weeks ago and have already filled one buck tag and had encounters with 2 other 140-150 class shooters. What's working for me is blind buck growling. They are responding nicely to that. I am thinking next weekend it will be on hard and heavy . It's getting to that magical time out in the woods

Sounds just like our lease.. I believe we are just down the road from you though. Found a ton of scrapes and rubs...
    Quincy-All
    Spike

View Profile Email
    « Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 07:13:57 am »

Yea kbart, yall are only probably 5-6 land miles back west of my place. I guess it's this cold weather but I don't remember ever seeing this rutting activity this early in the season up here.
    Grant
    Spike

View Profile Email
    « Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 07:23:42 am »

I hunt pretty close to you guys just north of McGee Creek.  The second weekend of the season I saw deer everywhere.  Hopefully they will be moving this weekend.  We have tons of hogs but no bears...yet.
    Quincy-All
    Spike

View Profile Email
    « Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 07:32:30 am »

Grant, u hunt north of mcgee creek lake? Mcgee creek the creek actually runs through a part of my property. Yea I have seen more Deer this year, including bucks, then I ever have in the past. Good luck this weekend and I would try some blind grunting. 
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
      Print  

Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
    Stats
    • Total Posts: 6496
    • Total Topics: 913
    • Online Today: 36
    • Online Ever: 130
    • (December 22, 2010, 03:47:26 pm)